Tuesday, October 5, 2010

In Honor of Babywearing


I Will Carry You

I love that I can kiss your head
Just inches away from my lips
Our hearts beat together as I carry you

Perched up high you see my world
Then turn your head in and sleep
Resting on me you are safe
Your body next to mine you are secure

We are in tune in this external womb
In my arms you will be
Until you are ready to venture out
But until then, I promise,
I will carry you.



5 comments:

Liv said...

Sometimes I feel that some people live to make other people's life miserable.

The Girl with the Golden Quill said...

I always carried my babies in a Sungli when they were tiny. I loved feeling their little hands trying to tickle me as they moved around. I did it until they were too heavy (or wouldn't stop kicking me!) and wanted to explore the world on their own. All this legislation is a little unnecessary, especially for us moms who know how to use our brains! I never smothered my kids and they are happy, healthy toddlers now! :)

I love reading your blog, and was referred to it by a friend from IBC in Columbus. I really enjoy your unique approach to parenting and this veteran mom has have learned many things from you! Keep up with the great work! :)

Michelle said...

So true, Liv. So true. :/

Aw, thank you Golden Quill!

Allison said...

Isn't this ridiculous. I "wore" both our boys until they were about 9 months old. They adored it and so did we. What is wrong with people?

The woes of the world are NOT caused by moms nursing their babies "too much" or having "too much" contact with babies and toddlers.

Argh.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

So frustrating. But I do love that photo. :)

Steph