This previous post was about the inspiration on creating a little play area for Ella. I've been working on it little by little each day. Here's a little bit of what I've done. Her little corner is probably about 4'x5', so it's not very big.
Bird's eye view, the little corner between the bookcase and the wall was changed - the mirror boxes were moved to right side instead of along the wall and pillows were added for sitting on.
The pillows
Magnets! Found the little lamp at a consignment store and used christmas lights in it. Ella is playing with a little drop box I made out of a cardboard box (original inspiration from Play at Home Mom)
These Crayola White Board Crayons are fantastic and easy for Ella to use. Best part, they wipe off the board, counters, and floors in a cinch. :) Velcro was put on the back of the cup so she can pull it off. Which happens every time I put it up, go figure. The white board is a little activity cube found at a consignment shop, it was Ella's 1st birthday gift
Drawing area. It's not much interest to her right now, but I'm sure it will be soon enough. Same "velcro-on-cup" thing going on here
The back of the activity cube has a felt wall. I cut out some felt shapes to put on it :)
The drop box. I may have formed a painful blister making this, but it was so worth it. Ella loves it! She's been having fun exploring the different objects that fit into the various holes. Parts of it, of course, are much more advanced. The stones have the letters and numbers written on them. I also have a container of marbles that have been fun to put in the holes, along with little pom poms.
Finger painting with raspberry juice (and Ella's white board coloring...well...I helped a little)
Water-time on the porch!
Playing with the drop box and cups
Putting marbles and pom poms in cups
1 comment:
amazing.
Post a Comment