Monday, September 19, 2011

Sensory Play with AquaGems

These little "AquaGems" are amazing! So fun.



Homemade light box out of a plastic bin and a battery LED light.









I absolutely love this one :)


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am always so attracted to those aqua gems in the craft shop. I want to squish them and I'm a grown up!

I'm always worried they have weird chemicals in them, but if you'll let your kid play with them, that makes me less worried.

I love the picture of her hands through the gem!

Bex said...

what a great idea! I have a bunch of these at my house. I never thought about making it a play time event. I will have to try that out.

And what a beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

this looks like a chocking hazard and a possible toxic problem if broken.

Anonymous said...

..you mean choking hazard? well..I suppose that's technically true..but it also looks fun.

Michelle said...

That's why I'm not stupid and wouldn't let my daughter play with them alone. Many things can be a choking hazard, the problem is parent's not paying attention. If you have a child who puts tons of things in their mouths, then don't let them play with this or other small objects. My daughter happens to not do that, so I don't worry as much - but I still play with WITH her with them.

Hofwoman said...

so cool! I totally agree with you, Michelle on the supervision thing. Parents NEED to play with their kids and teach them how to play with things like this! :) Go mommy!

Made To Shine said...

Dear Anonymous and Cowardly Noter...

Food can be a choking hazzard too but I sure hope Michelle doesn't withhold food from her daughter for that reason.

Supervision is key in childrearing and as I'm sure you observed in the pictures both she and her husband were present and spending time with their child while she was playing.