Avila is extremely alert, much like I recall Ella being. She's tracking quite well and her eyes are clear, bright, and HUGE. They are alao a dark slate grey, and not a dark blue as Ella's were. Hm. What color will they be? She is beginning to gain head/neck control. She seems to have a very calm, chill personality. Little baby sounds are starting to make their way through her throat - long gone are the newborn squeaks and noises. Smiles on occasion, but nothing consistent.
She actually sleeps on car rides! Or at the very least can be soothed. My PTSD of car trips from Ella's infancy is dissipating.
We've been practicing elimination communication since birth (we started with Ella at 6 weeks). This ended up working out great because Avila was really too small for our diapers! There have been plenty of misses but it's going well. I help her at night most nights, too, which I didn't do until 3 months with Ella. But if it starts to get annoying or frustrating I just opt for a diaper for that day, night, few hours, whathaveyou. Her cues aren't as obvious as I recall Ella's being, but that could be age difference.
2 comments:
She is absolutely precious! She seems to look so different from Ella, but still a beauty. :-)
She is so different :)
Post a Comment