Sunday, May 19, 2013

3 Months

And suddenly she's 1/4th of the way through her first year. How did that happen?

11lbs, 24" - li'l nugget!

Her eyes remain slate blue, with a tinge of violet to them sometimes. Her hair is a crazy combo of brown, golden blonde and auburn, with a patch of titanium blonde at the back. I wonder what color it will be!

Avila is so alert and active. Almost everywhere we go someone mentions her alertness. She loves to talk with us, and works hard to get those sounds out of her throat. On occasion she will just be irritable with nothing helping. Then I'll lay her on my knees, face to face, and say "Let's just talk then." She instantly smiles and starts talking.  Her hands skillfully make it into her mouth frequently now. 

She's so, so strong. Can lift her head and shoulders up while on her tummy. Starting to superman. And can plank with her legs above her head! Can sit assisted and stand while holding our fingers. She just seems ready to get moving. I'm telling her to wait until nine months to crawl, even seven months would be great. Somehow, I don't think we'll make it that far though. 

Loves her sister. Loves watching the world around her. Nursing finally feels like we've found our groove. ECing is going great - more and more we have no misses in a day, but she gets angry if we miss a poo. Sorry, Bird. She LOVES baths. Likes to take her naps in the wrap. 

The best part is seeing the sister bond start to form. Very, very special. The feelings of love and seeing her place in our family grow stronger each day.

This girl is a tough one to capture. But I got a few clear monthly pics.








The rest resembled something more like this:







No comments: