Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Snapshots

This month was busy!  I had my first ever art exhibit at Green Baby. We did 4th of July with the Bruckarts - saw a parade and fireworks. I had a date with Ella while Avila was watched by a friend - we went to a park and then had sorbet. For Jackson's birthday, we celebrated at their house. The day ended with us all soaking and muddy from playing in a flooded creek.
We've been working on "full sentence kindness" with Ella. (Please may I have some more mama?" vs "I want more!!! .... Please.")
 Our neighborhood  sparrows know our backyard as the place to be. One night there were at least 25 on the neighbor's roof just waiting for us to drop food. 
 I took the girls to the zoo which was mostly disastrous. A huge part of the month was spent preparing for and then actually moving the Bruckarts to their new house. Ella has had an interesting time adjusting to the "new house" and often asks to go to their "old house". Busy busy!
Josh traveled the last week, during which Ella and I went to a Celtic festival. Throughout July we visited various parks, friends and Young's. This month Ella also got over her fear animals and is also trying to climb trees, monkey bars, and can swing by her arms. 
A favorite pastime now I playing in the car. Ella asks to "go in the fwont" so she can pretend like she's driving. She got to ride in the Bruckart's van a few times this month an has been obsessed with it. Often she's driving in the van to Elsie's house. 


Ella-isms:

"Mommy Rachel"

"No, put that down" - said while on our dye when I tried to take a picture of her

"I love you I love you I love you!"
"Noodnight daddy" "Noodnight  Afiwa" "Noodnight Mama"
"I love you, too." - she says these at bedtime now. I LOVE bedtime now. Not because we finally get a break, but because it's the only time she's really affectionate. 

"I need a hug!" "Tan I have a nosey kiss? Bussuhfy kiss? Hair kiss? Real kiss?" also heard at bed time. He calls eskimo kisses "Nosey kisses". I love it. 

Handing daddy the goblet from the resurrection eggs: "I have munion for you!"

Declared yellow as her favorite color. 

"I don't want her to eat my hair."

"Fits pops" (flip flops)

"Can I squeeze some baba in her mouth? Haha! There's milk in there!"
"Is the milk yummy?"
[Emphatic nod]
"What does it taste like?"
"Like honeybear!"

"I tan't have dairy cheese but I tan have doat cheese."









July 4th


Mud slide on Jackson's birthday






Glen Helen hike




Garden tomatoes





Ella selfie




Chick-fil-a picnic


Naptime



Bruckarts Moving!



Celtic festival




Meeting Kloe Bright






No comments: