Today I tried a new hot chocolate recipe and it was amazing. Truly. And I'm a hot chocolate snob - I lived in Switzerland for a spell and practically lived off the stuff. And the best part was that it's made of whole food sources AND dairy free. I used the recipe below. The only difference is that I used 1 cup (full fat) coconut milk + 1 equal part of warm water (warm to help the fat chunks mix better) instead of milk and added a smidgen of cinnamon; after it was made, and in the cup, I plopped in a Tbs of pastured butter. It was SO thick and creamy. Not a hint of coconut flavor and completely child-approved. Finally! I have a filling drink for those imminent cold mornings!
In a small saucepan, whisk the egg together with the milk. Add the other ingredients. Only after all ingredients are in the pan, continue whisking and turn heat to medium. Whisk the ENTIRE TIME so that the egg doesn’t cook into clumps. Remove from heat when the milk is warmed and all the cacao powder has mixed in. Sip slowly and enjoy. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment