It's been fun having more "homey" projects to do! First I got a slew of materials to match the living room as decorative pillows and to make a pillow for Ella's reading corner(s). There is still material waiting for more (probably bigger floor) pillows. The reading corner pillow has a layer of foam for the main part. There was extra material so I stitched up a section and stuffed it. Actually, this was a fluke - there wasn't enough foam, but it ended up being way better this way. This not only makes something to lean on, but also makes it warmer as the baseboards leak cold air in the winter. The frillier pillows and the "Epic Pillow" were inspired by Pinterest (though I just sort of looked at the pictures and made things up as I went). "Epic Pillow" is 5 pillow cases sewn together. Target has $2.50 pillows. Easy peasy if you have a bunch of old cases (which I didn't, but I wanted it to match the room anyway). It's awesome because it stacks nicely, easily washable, great to take outside, and long enough for a guest to sleep on if needed. The green leafy pillows (there are 2) are completely hand-stitched. After hand-stitching the others shut, I fell in love with the texture it created at the seam. And since it was hard to find an hour to just sit, undisturbed and sew, I just took to it by hand while nursing, while Ella played, while putting her to sleep, while soup boiled, etc...I love the look! Ella was SO excited about her pillow. It turned out much cozier than I had anticipated.
1 comment:
I love the pillow corner what a wonderful idea.
Post a Comment